Monday, February 2, 2009

Best Day of 2009 So Far!

I have been waiting over a year and a half to hear something from my daughter's parents. I have prayed and prayed to just get a letter or picture. I had given up hope about a month ago. Last Thursday I got an email from my case worker telling me a letter and pictures were on their way to me! I just got them today. It's amazing to me that I can be so upset and angry and somehow it just melts away when I get an update. Anyone who knows me, knows I am notorious for holding grudges. This is perhaps the one and only situation where I let resentment go and let the joy take over.
So the letter was not too long and there were only 6 pictures, none of which were a solo shot of her. Oh well, I'll take what I can get! The best part of the letter was about 2 pages in! I am so excited and feel such a strong connection, even if it is just in my head.
I had written a letter back in November. Very short, just asking how she was doing, what kind of music she listened to and what her sense of humor is like. I guess living with Evan and Jeb, it's easy to see what traits they share with Scott and me. I always wonder if genetics play any kind of role or if it is just environment. I got my answer today!
Beth informed me that the last concert my daughter went to was Jason Mraz!! I about peed my pants! Of course she mention other artist that she liked, but come on, Jason?? It made my heart melt. I couldn't help but smile and let out a little yelp. She went on to say how her sense of humor is dry and sarcastic. Geez, wonder where that comes from? Love it.
Needless to say, I am on cloud 9 today! I hope when I go to the next Jason concert (2 weeks from today) I can score a picture with him to send to her. I'd be the coolest birthmom ever! I would also be super excited for myself as well, who am I kidding!
All I can say is, AHHHH. I am at peace. Life is great today!

4 comments:

kelmatus said...

Awesome!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krista said...

That's awesome, Anne!! I'm so happy you heard from them. That's hilarious that she loves Jason Mraz too. xo

cydgalleries said...

like YOU need a pic with some celeb to BE COOL. You're Anne.....You invented cool. That was a great post. i am glad that i read it, and i think you are amazing......

STOOKEY / MILLER'S said...

grudges? I must not know you as well as everyone else - lol!!