Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2 Random Jeb Stories

Story #1
Evan has been extremely interested in learning all about the body and the functions of each organ and system. Pancreas, spleen, endocrine system, you name it, he wants to know what it does. One of his favorites is the uvula. . . as a kid I called it a "hoodler". To be completely honest, I still do. For whatever reason, it is a fascinating body part. So, because Evan has been talking about the body, guess who picked up on that? That's right! Little Brother!
In the car today, Jeb asked me how babies come out of tummies (oh Lord)! Thank God I could tell him that the doctor cut my belly open to get him out. . .gotta love c-sections! He then asked me, "When I was in your tummy did I sleep or play?" I told him he played a little and slept most of the time. He then asked me, "when I was playing, did I play with your uvulas?" Gotta love that child! God only knows what he thinks my "uvulas" are, but it was just too funny for me!

Story #2
Jeb has started to learn songs for his upcoming Christmas program for preschool. He came home from school today talking about "little Lord Jesus". I asked him if he was singing "Away in a Manger". We worked on the song a couple of times together. I love love love to hear little kids sing that song. When Scott came home from work, I asked Jeb to sing it for dad. He did a great job with a little help from his mom.
This was his version:

Away in a manger
no crib for a bed
the little Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head
The stars in the sky look down where he lay
the little Lord Jesus asleep ON HIS HEAD!

Love it!!!

No comments: