Monday, October 13, 2008

End of an Era

Well, he's all grown up. Okay, not really, but I can feel it coming. Evan lost his last tooth yesterday. No more visits from the tooth fairy for him. I feel so lucky that he lost all of his teeth before he "found out". She came last night for her last visit (amidst all the puking). She upped the ante by leaving 2 dollars as opposed to the 1 she usually leaves. She also wrote him a nice note that she only had to practice 7 times before it was perfect! : )
It read:
Dear Evan,
Thank you for all of your teeth. I will miss you.
Love,
Tooth Fairy
The worst part about no more teeth to lose is that it is officially time for braces. Yikes!! So far, Jeb hasn't showed any signs of loose teeth, although we have to check every few days! I can only assume we have another couple of months before her visits start up again.
Evan has also learned to make grilled cheese sandwiches, spaghetti sauce, bagels, pancakes, taco dip, and sugar cream pie. Yesterday he made his own breakfast and lunch. Even Jeb makes his own lunch now. Bologna sandwich with lettuce, cheese, ketchup, mustard and mayo. I am officially obsolete. Except for cleaning up puke. . . I'm still good for that.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Aww, don't worry Anne. He's not all grown up. I also lost all of my teeth super early and I'm still not grown up. He'll probably be living with you guys when he's 27.